Anybus Communicator - Modbus RTU
- Saves machine builders and device manufacturers of integrating a Modbus-RTU interface
- Can be used as a data concentrator on a Modbus network being Modbus RTU master on the serial sub-network and and a Modbus RTU slave towards the PLC side.
- Requires no hardware or software changes to be made to the connected device
- Compatible with all PLC's with Modbus RTU support
- Performs complete serial protocol conversion, no PLC function blocks required
- Intelligent I/O data mapping within the Communicator permits even devices with slow serial communication can be integrated without any restrictions to the upper network
- Possibility to connect upto 31 nodes via one Communicator giving inexpensive Modbus RTU network connectivity for your devices
- Always free technical support from HMS and our global Anybus Distributors
Integrate your serial RS-232/422/485 based industrial devices and equipment to a Modbus RTU control system without the need for any changes to the device. Just connect, configure and you're done!
The Anybus Communicator is a proven and trusted protocol converter gateway that connects non-networked industrial devices and equipment to Modbus RTU. The gateway performs an intelligent protocol conversion and presents the serial data to the Master PLC/Controller as easily processed I/O data.
The Communicator is slim stand-alone gateway designed for IP20 and DIN-rail mounting, requiring a 24-volt power supply. The Communicator is conformance tested to current Modbus RTU specifications guaranteeing network compatibility.
Convert almost any type of serial protocolThe Communicator is capable of converting almost any type of serial protocol such as Modbus RTU, ASCII, DF1 or any other type of proprietary Query/Response or Produce/Consume protocol.
Typical serial applicationsTypical serial applications include variable frequency drives, sensors, actuators, human machine interfaces, barcode readers, RFID readers and industrial scales among others.
Serial protocol configuration features
No high level programming skills are needed to set up the Anybus® Communicator as configuration is accomplished using the included, easy to use Windows™ based ACM (Anybus Configuration Manager).
- Selectable RS-232/422/485 interface
- Pre-defined 6-step Modbus-RTU configuration wizard
- Selectable pre-loaded DF1 commands. No scripting or serial frame building required!
- Ability to configure ASCII or vendor specific protocols (Request/Response or Produce/Consume via a visual frame building interface
- Multi-language support for English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Polish, Russian, Chinese and Japanese
- Handy Save/Load function allows for a completed configuration to be re-used for many other installations
- Password protection prevents unauthorized upload and download of configurations
- Serial Line Listener and In-built Checksum calculations for diagnostic and troubleshooting
Modbus RTU Slave interface features
- Complete Modbus RTU slave functionality
- Max 512 bytes of Input and 512 bytes of Output data
- Coil and Register access
- Configuration via on-board DIP switches
- Modbus RTU baudrate 12-57,6 kbit/s
|Included components||Resource CD, Configuration cable (RS-232) port, Installation sheet, D-sub connector with screw terminals for serial sub-network (Power supply not included)|
|Optional Accessories||USB-RS-232 configuration adapter (Order Code 019570)|
|Dimensions (L•W•H)||120 x 75 x 27mm or 4,72 x 2,95 x 1,06"|
|Weight||150g or 0,33 lbs|
|Operating temperature||0 to +55 °C or 0 to +131 °F|
|Storage temperature||-40 to +85 °C or -40 to +185 °F|
|Power supply||24 VDC|
|Current consumption||max. 200mA (Typical 100mA)|
|Serial application Interface||Selectable RS-232, RS-422, RS-485|
|Max stations||31 nodes via RS-422 or RS-485|
|Galvanic isolation||On both serial and BUS/Ethernet side|
|Mechanical rating||IP20, NEMA rating 1|
|Mounting||DIN-rail (EN 50022 standard)|
|Protocol: Modbus RTU||Modbus RTU Master - Request/Response|
|Protocol: ASCII/Vendor Specific||Request/Response or Produce/Consume|
|Protocol: Rockwell DF1||DF1 Master|
|Certifications||CE, CULUS, ATEX/Haz.Loc|
|AB7010||Anybus Communicator - Modbus RTU|
|Documentacion||EU Declaration of Conformity|
|Descargas||Anybus Communicator 2D And 3D Drawings|
|Descargas||Anybus Configuration Manager - Communicator RS232-422-485 (Win 2000-XP-Vista-7-8)|
|Descargas||Firmware Download Tp|
|Descargas||HMS Academy Instruction Video - Communicator EthernetIP To DF1 Gateway|
|Descargas||HMS Academy Instruction Video - Communicator Modbus RTU master wizard and ABB C100 regulator|
|Descargas||HMS Academy Instruction Video - Generic Mode And Barcode Scanner|
|Descargas||HMS Academy Instruction Video - Master Mode and a COMLI device|