Anybus CompactCom B40 Brick - Modbus TCP
- A ready-made Modbus TCP connectivity solution
- Flexibility to add your own connectors and peripherals to limit size and costs
- Easy mounting to your host PCB design
- Short in-design with free assistance from HMS ensures a fast time to market
- Modbus pre-certified for network compliance (enables faster network certification)
- Fast data transfer: Up to 1536 bytes of I/O data in each direction
- Very low process data latency
- Event-based interface method enables easy access to input and output data at any time
- Fast, event-based application hardware interfaces: 8/16-bit parallel and highspeed SPI. I/O (shift register interface) is also available.
- IIoT ready: Includes Email Client, Web server with customizable content, SSI functionality and FTP server
- Extended flash-based file system with two-disc access (internal and external)
- Transparent Socket Interface handling the complete Ethernet frame (support for 20 socket connections).
- Solid security: Mandatory software signatures prevent unauthorized software to be downloaded to the module. Furthermore, encryption is used to prevent illicit copying.
The Anybus CompactCom B40 for Modbus TCP is a high-performance network interface in Brick format — ready-made with software and hardware to enable communication between your device and the Modbus TCP network.
ADD YOUR OWN CONNECTOrS AND PERIPHERALS
The B40 Brick gives you the flexibility to add your own connectors and network isolation. An alternative is to use the ready-made connector board from HMS. The B40 Brick is ideal for device manufacturers who are looking for a semi-integrated solution where connector flexibility, size and cost are key elements.
ONE IN-DESIGN – ACCESS ALL NETWORKS
By implementing the B40 Brick into your product line, you can get connected to other B40 supported networks by simply switching to another Anybus Brick.
GET REAL-TIME modbus tcp COMMUNICATION
The B40 Brick enables fast communication between your device and Modbus TCP. The Brick supports generic device profiles and comes with a dual port switch implemented in the network processor — the award-winning Anybus NP40. With its fast data transfer and very low latency, making it's the perfect match for even the most demanding industrial applications.
Modbus TCP Server interface
- Supports Modbus-TCP server/slave (up to 4 simultaneous connections)
- Pre-conformance supporting Modbus TCP V3.0
- Dual port cut-through switch implemented in the Anybus NP40 processor
- Customizable Identity Information
- JSON functionality
|ORDER CODE||AB6673 - B40 Modbus TCP Brick|
|ORDER CODE||AB6666 - B40 Connector Board for Modbus TCP (Optional accessory)|
|Dimensions (L•W•H)||36 x 36 x 8 mm or 2,04 x 1,97 x 0,86"|
|Operating temperature||-40 to +85 °C or -40 to +185 °F|
|Power requirements||3.3 VDC, +/- 0.15 VDC|
|Application Interface||8/16-bit parallel (30 ns access) High speed SPI, baudrate configurable up to 20 MHz I/O (shift register interface, cyclical update time 82 μs) UART (for backwards compatibility with 30-series, max 625kbps)|
|Profile support||Generic device|
|Ethernet features||Transparent socket interface Support of HTTP forwarding via socket interface Integrated 2-port switch IT functions (FTP server, E-mail client, web server with SSI support)|
|Internal file system||Configurable up to 28 MB Two discs are available: One internal (28 MB capacity), and one reserved for accessing the application file system (capacity determined by application).|
|LED indicators||Available via host connector - Indicates Module Status and Network Status.|
|Connectors||No: Add your own connectors (RJ45, F.Optic) - YES: via B40 connector board|
|Galvanic isolation||No: Add your own isolation - YES: via B40 connector board|
|Mechanical rating||IP20, NEMA rating 1|
|Mounting||PCB fastening via B40 connector boards available from HMS|
|Certifications||CE, CULUS, RoHS|
|AB6673||Anybus CompactCom B40 Brick - Modbus TCP|
|Documentacion||Anybus-CompactCom B40 Conformance Help Document|
|Documentacion||Application Implementation Guide|
|Documentacion||CE Declaration Of Pre-Conformity|
|Documentacion||EU Declaration of Pre-Conformity|
|Documentacion||Hardware Design Guide - B40|
|Documentacion||Network Guide - Modbus-TCP|
|Documentacion||Software Design Guide|
|Descargas||Anybus Firmware Manager II|
|Descargas||IPConfig - Utility for module TCP-IP configuration|