Anybus CompactCom C40 Chip
- Multi-network connectivity in a chip - Select from: PROFINET, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, Modbus TCP, Powerlink, PROFIBUS, CC-Link and DeviceNet
- A ready-made solution minimizing your programming efforts
- New and future network updates and enhancements maintained by HMS
- Fast data transfer: up to 1500 bytes of process data in each direction
- Possibility to send a complete Ethernet frame via the socket interface (up to 1500 bytes). Support for more than 20 socket connections
- Very low latency <15μs (ethercat)< />i>
- Clock-synchronous operation for high-speed networks
- Event-based interface method enables easy to access input and output data at any time
- Fast, event-based application hardware interfaces: 8/16-bit parallel and high speed SPI. I/O (shift register interface) is also available
- Use the same chip for different Ethernet networks. Simply download new firmware to enable communication with another network
- Firmware management tool enables easy download via FTP or serial connection
- Flash-based file system with two-disc access (internal and external)
- Support for safety networks via the black channel to the IXXAT Safe T100
The Anybus® CompactCom™ C40 is a high-performance network communication solution in chip format. It consists of the Anybus NP40 network processor loaded with the software you need to connect an industrial device to different fieldbus or Industrial Ethernet network.
The C40 Chip is available under Licensing from HMS.
Add your own hardware around a communication chip
The Anybus CompactCom C40 solution includes all the functionality needed to handle communication between your device and any industrial network. A chip-based solution gives you a lot of freedom to design your own hardware and add connectors around the chip.
Based on the AWARD-WINNING Anybus NP40 network processor
The Anybus NP40 network processor enables integration of optimized infrastructure solutions like high-performance Ethernet switches with on-the-fly processing and cut-through switching with very low latencies. This multi-network chip eliminates the need for different external communication ASICs and FPGAs drastically reducing the design complexity and cost.
Supported network featuresSee Anybus CompactCom B40 Brick or M40 Modules to see the specific fieldbus/Ethenet features included in the C40 Chip.
ORDER NUMBER: LI0050
Available under Licensing agreement from HMS. Please contact your local HMS office for more details.
|Dimensions (L•W)||17 x 17 mm|
|Silicon process||65 nm|
|Operating temperature||-40 to +85 °C or -40 to +176 °F|
|Power supply||3.3 V, 2.5 V, 1.2 V|
|Power consumption||0.6 W - 1 W|
|Application Interface||Parallel Dual Port Ram (DPRAM): 8 and 16 bit data bus. High speed SPI. Shift register. Asynchronous serial interface with baud rates between 19.2 kbps - 625 kbps|
|Application drivers||Standard drivers available depending on host application requirements|
|Drive Profile support||On selected networks. (Also, the transparent channel makes it possible for users to build their own drive profiles)|
|Ethernet features||Transparent socket interface Support of HTTP forwarding via socket interface Integrated 2-port switch IT functions (FTP server, E-mail client, web server with SSI support)|
|Emission EN 61000-6-4||EN55016-2-3 Radiated emission EN55022 Conducted emission|
|Immunity EN 61000-6-2||EN61000-4-2 Electrostatic discharge, EN61000-4-3 Radiated immunity. EN61000-4-4 Fast transients/burst, EN61000-4-5 Surge immunity. EN61000-4-6 Conducted immunity.|
|Certifications||CE, CULUS, RoHS|
|CPU core||ARM Cortex-M3|
|Microprocessor Mhz (max)||166|
|Instruction cache||8 kB|
|On-chip RAM||80 kB|
|On-chip FLASH||256 kB|
|LI0050||Anybus CompactCom C40 Chip|