EtherNet/IP to PROFIBUS-DP Linking Device
- Minimize costs when connecting PROFIBUS devices to your PLC. More cost-efficient than an in-chassis solution
- Allows support for "Big Data" — handling up to 7000 bytes of I/O data over multiple I/O connections on EtherNet/IP
- Speed up configuration through a seamless integration with Studio 5000 Logix Designer.
- Compatible with all ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLCs supporting EtherNet/IP
- Easy to setup with Custom Add On Profile — no programming required!
- Everything configured through Studio 5000 — no 3rd party software or licenses needed
- Dynamically generates data structures in Studio 5000 with no required user logic
- Configuration backup in Studio 5000 project and Controller memory
- No need for long and expensive PROFIBUS cables — use Ethernet cables for the longest distance.
EtherNet/IP™ to PROFIBUS-DP Linking Device
Minimize costs when connecting PROFIBUS networks and devices to ControlLogix® or CompactLogix® controllers with an EtherNet/IP interface.
Fast Copying I/O Data (Big Data Support)
The Linking Device's primary function is the fast transfer of large cyclic I/O data between the two networks. There is also support for acyclic data. This offloads your Logix PLC from working with additional calculations. The Linking Device acts as a slave (adapter) on EtherNet/IP and as a powerful Master on the PROFIBUS side, handling up to 7000 bytes of I/O data. The data transfer between the two networks is completely transparent.
Seamless integration with Studio 5000
With its unique Studio 5000® Logix designer integration, everything is accessible from within Studio 5000, including PROFIBUS network configuration. No extra 3rd-party software or licenses needed.
Connect, configure, done
EtherNet/IP Linking Devices are configured using a Custom Add On Profile for Studio 5000 Logix Designer which dynamically generates data structures based on the configuration. No ladder logic files (add on instructions) needed.
Furthermore, it also supports automatic generation of named and structured Studio 5000 controller tags, which eliminates the need to create alias tags.
PROFIBUS Master/Scanner interface
The Linking Device has an integrated powerful PROFIBUS Master interface
PROFIBUS MASTER FEATURES
- Complete PROFIBUS DP/DPV1 Master functionality according to IEC 61158.
- Up to 7000 bytes of cyclic I/O via DPV0 Class 1 (3500 bytes in each direction).
- Supports DPV1 Class 1 and 2 for acyclic data exchange.
- Controls up to 125 PROFIBUS slaves.
- Supports all baudrates up to 12Mbit/s.
- PROFIBUS network configuration accessed through Studio 5000.
EtherNet/IP Adapter interface
The Linking Device has the very latest ODVA EtherNetIP adapter functionality
ETHERNET/IP ADAPTER FEATURES
- Dual EtherNet/IP ports with 10/100 Mbit, full or half-duplex operation.
- Beacon-based DLR (Device Level Ring) and linear network topology supported.
- Support for multiple (Exclusive Owners) I/O connections (Max 10).
- Support for Explicit Messaging including DPV1 specific functions on the PROFIBUS network.
|Dimensions (L•W•H)||110 x 35 x 101mm or 4,33 x 1,38 x 3,98"|
|Operating temperature||-25 to +60 °C or -13 to +140 °F|
||-40 to +85 °C or -40 to +185 °F|
|Power supply||24 VDC +/- 20%
|Enclosure material||PC ABS, UL94 VO|
||YES, on both BUS/Ethernet side
|Mechanical rating||IP20, NEMA rating 1|
|Mounting||DIN-rail (EN 50022 standard) or Wall mount|
|PROFIBUS baudrate||9600 bit/s - 12 Mbit/s|
|PROFIBUS address||Node address 0-125|
|PROFIBUS connector||D-sub 9-pin female|
|EtherNet/IP baudrate||10/100 Mbit/s autodetect|
|EtherNet/IP connector||2x RJ45|
|EtherNet/IP address||Any valid IP address can be used|
|TCP/IP settings||Configurable via BOOTP-DHCP server or via Anybus IP config|
||CE, CULUS, ATEX/Haz.Loc (PENDING)|
|Order Code||HMS-EN2PBR (Available from Q4 2016)|
|Included components||HMS-EN2PBR Linking Device, Installation guide, (Power supply not included)|
|HMS-EN2PBR||Minimize costs when connecting PROFIBUS networks and devices to ControlLogix® or CompactLogix® controllers with an EtherNet/IP interface.|