EtherNet/IP to Serial Linking Device
- Enables the retro-fitting of existing serial RS232/422/485 devices with Logix PLCs with EtherNet/IP
- No hardware or software changes, for the connected device
- Connects up to 31 serial nodes via RS-485
- Up to 500 bytes of Input data and 496 bytes of Output data
- Speed up configuration through a seamless integration with Studio 5000 Logix Designer
- Compatible with all ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLCs supporting EtherNet/IP
- Easy to setup with Custom Add On Profile with no programming required!
- Everything configured through Studio 5000, no 3rd party software or licenses needed
EtherNet/IP to Serial Linking Device
Connect any RS-232/422/485 serial device to ControlLogix® or CompactLogix® controllers with an EtherNet/IP interface.
Fast Copying I/O Data (Big Data Support)
The Linking Device performs an intelligent protocol conversion and presents the serial data to the Logix PLC as easily processed I/O data. This offloads your Logix PLC from working with additional calculations.
CONVERT ALMOST ANY TYPE OF SERIAL PROTOCOL
The Linking Device is capable of converting almost any type of serial protocol such as Modbus RTU, DF1, ASCII, or any other type of proprietary Request/Response or Produce/Consume protocol.
Seamless integration with Studio 5000
With its unique Studio 5000® Logix designer integration, everything is accessible from within Studio 5000, including then serial network configuration. No extra 3rd-party software, licenses or programming required.
Connect, configure, done
EtherNet/IP Linking Devices are configured using a Custom Add On Profile for Studio 5000 Logix Designer. This dynamically generates data structures for each device connected. No ladder logic files (add on instructions) needed.
Furthermore, it also supports automatic generation of named and structured Studio 5000 controller tags, which eliminates the need to create alias tags.
Serial protocol configuration features
- Selectable RS-232/422/485 interface
- Modbus-RTU Master functionality with pre-defined Modbus-RTU configuration wizard
- DF1 Master functionality with selectable pre-loaded DF1 commands
- Ability to configure ASCII or vendor specific protocols (Request/Response or Produce/Consume via a visual byte-based frame building)
- Ability to make popular checksum calaculations
- In-built Line Listener to analyze serial telegrams on the sub-network (accessable via Studio 5000)
EtherNet/IP Adapter interface
The Linking Device has the very latest ODVA EtherNetIP adapter functionality
ETHERNET/IP ADAPTER FEATURES
- Dual EtherNet/IP ports with 10/100 Mbit, full or half-duplex operation
- Announced-based DLR (Device Level Ring) and linear network topology supported
- Support for multiple (Exclusive Owners) I/O connections (Max 10).
|Dimensions (L•W•H)||120 x 75 x 25mm or 4,72 x 2,95 x 1,06"|
|Operating temperature||0 to +55 °C or 0 to +131 °F|
||-40 to +85 °C or -40 to +185 °F|
|Power supply||24 VDC +/- 10%
||max. 300mA (Typical 100mA)
|Enclosure material||PC ABS, UL94|
||YES, on both BUS/Ethernet side
|Mechanical rating||IP20, NEMA rating 1|
|Mounting||DIN-rail (EN 50022 standard) or Wall mount|
|Serial baudrate||1,2-57,6 kbit/s|
|EtherNet/IP baudrate||10/100 Mbit/s autodetect|
|EtherNet/IP connector||2x RJ45|
|EtherNet/IP address||Any valid IP address can be used|
|TCP/IP settings||Configurable via web-page, configuration tool, DHCP/ARP or via DIP switches|
||ODVA, CE, CULUS, (ATEX/Haz.Loc PENDING)|
HMS-EN2SE-R Linking Device, Installation guide,
|HMS-EN2SE-R||Connect any RS-232/422/485 serial device to ControlLogix® or CompactLogix® controllers with an EtherNet/IP interface.|