- Two-way conversion of Ethernet to RS232
- Connection to 10/100Base-T Ethernet via RJ45 connector
- RS232 line terminated in D-SUB 9M (Canon 9 plug – the same connector as on PC). (We offer the GNOME232F converter, which is equipped with reverse connector.)
- Speed RS232 300 Bd to 460 kBd
- Used signals: RXD, TXD, RTS, CTS, DTR, GND
- Data flow control: RTS/CTS or Xon/Xoff or no control
- Secured against unauthorized access
- Possibility to supply connected devices from the DTR signal
- Various power supply ranges: 4.5 to 75 V (adapter not included in the delivery package)
- Version with galvanically isolated power supply 36 to 75 V to be used, for example, in telecommunications (power supply -48V)
- Indication of power supply, data transmission, network connection and activity
- This product has been manufactured by Papouch s.r.o. Both hardware and firmware can be modified to suit your needs.
Inexpensive 10/100 Ethernet to RS232 converter. Suitable for extending the RS232 serial line over the Ethernet. Virtual serial port. Power supply ranging from 4.5 up to 75V. Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP. Configuration via web interface.
GNOME232 is a simple and inexpensive converter of the 10/100 Ethernet to RS232. This “dwarf” enables easy connection of devices with the RS232 interface to the Ethernet and is able to extend a serial line to another part of the world via the Internet. (In terms of functionality, GNOME232 is 100% compatible with the previous version of GNOME.)
Example of serial line extension via the Ethernet.
Converter with Virtual serial port RS232
The device is supplied including a “virtual serial port”, i.e. software which creates a new serial port in the Windows operating system directed to the GNOME232 module via the Ethernet interface. The RS232 line in the GNOME232 module is connected the same way as a standard RS232 connector in a PC. Thus it is possible to use also programs which only communicate via a serial port and are not designed to communicate over the Ethernet.
Typical use of GNOME232 with virtual serial port.
Configuration of Ethernet converter
The module can be configured via web interface (in Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer) or serial line. The GNOME232 module understands even the DHCP protocol so an IP address can be assigned automatically to it. Power supply and functionality is indicated by light indicators.
It is also possible to supply a convertor equipped with 256bit AES communication encryption (Rijndael algorithm) – contact us.
We will be happy to help you use GNOME232 in your application.
Although Gnome converters are small and low cost, they can perform data processing tasks. In case you are interested in that, please feel free to contact us, we will gladly prepare a custom solution.
|GNOME232||GNOME232 - Ethernet to RS232 converter|