- Ethernet to RS485 line conversion
- Connection to 10/100Base-T Ethernet via RJ45 connector
- RS485 connected via a slip-on bus bar
- Data transmission speed 300 Bd to 460 kBd
- Used signals: RxTx+, RxTx- (or A, B)
- RS485 protection against overvoltage
- Automatic direction switching
- Secured against unauthorized access
- Power supply range: 5 to 72V
- Indication of power supply, data transmission, network connection and activity
- Mountable to DIN rail
- This product has been manufactured by Papouch s.r.o. Both hardware and firmware can be modified to suit your needs.
Inexpensive Ethernet - RS485 converter. Enables a device with RS485 to easily connect to the Ethernet or to extend the RS485 line via the Ethernet. Power supply 5 to 30V. Virtual COM port. Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP.
Easy to connect Ethernet and RS485
Enables a device with the RS485 interface to easily connect to the Ethernet or to extend the RS485 line via the Ethernet. Its design is based on the GNOME232 converter (Ethernet to RS232 converter), which is popular for its features and low price.
Virtual serial port RS485 on Ethernet converter
The device is supplied including a “virtual serial port”, i.e. software which creates a new serial port in the Windows operating system directed to the GNOME485 module via the Ethernet interface. Thus it is possible to use also programs which only communicate via a serial port. GNOME485 uses two-wire RS485 line terminated in a bus bar. The converter contains resistors defining idle status and terminated in a bus bar. Direction switching is carried out automatically without delay.
An example of redirect a serial line from converter GNOME to "local" PC COM port
Ways to configure the converter
The module can be configured via internal web interface (in Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer), via TCP terminal or Telnet. The GNOME485 module understands even the DHCP protocol so an IP address can be assigned automatically to it. Power supply and functionality is indicated by light indicators.
Although Gnome converters are small and low cost, they can perform data processing tasks. In case you are interested in that, please feel free to contact us, we will gladly prepare a custom solution.
|GNOME485||GNOME485 - Ethernet to RS485 converter|