Anybus Serial Server - Ethernet Virtual COMport - RS-232/485 COMport
- Creates a Virtual COM port on Ethernet or Internet
- Allows for Remote Management of serial devices via LAN or WAN
- Extends amount of PC COM ports - up to 16 COM-ports on one PC
- Serial RS-232 and RS485 interfaces simultaneously
- Supports Modbus RTU for Windows applications communicating with a COM port
- Supports MPI for remote configuration of Siemens PLC's (RS232 dongle required)
- Supports DF1 for remote configuration of Allen Bradley PLC's
- Auto detection of devices connected on Ethernet with Anybus IPconfig
- Licensed Windows driver "Serial-IP" downloadable from this website
- Included web interface for Network and TCP/IP/Serial device setup
The Anybus Serial Server connects devices with an RS-232 or RS-485 interface via
Ethernet to a virtual COM-Port of a Windows PC.
PC applications designed to access devices via physical COM-Ports, can access the
remote device without any software modifications via the Serial Server and the Ethernet
network. The Serial Server in combination with its software driver can be viewed as a long
“virtual” serial RS-232 or RS-485 cable.
Create up to 16 virtual COM ports on one PCHMS uses the advanced Windows-based COM-port redirector software “Serial/IP“ from Tactical Software. The software license is included when you purchase a Serial Server from HMS. The license supports up to 16 virtual COM ports on one PC.
You firstly need to install the Serial/IP licensed software. The software can be downloaded and the license number you will receive from HMS. From here configuration is easily done via the built-in web server. Just start a web browser and type in the IP number of the gateway (you can set the IP address of choice with Anybus IPConfig software, available to download for free under files and documentation).
From here, an easy self-instructive menu system will appear for device settings, diagnostics and troubleshooting.
|Included||Quick start guide, FREE Serial/IP license software for 1 to 16 COM-ports (Available to download under Files and Documentation) (Power supply not included)|
|Dimensions (L•W•H)||70 x 86 x 57,7mm|
|Operating temperature||-40 to +65 °C or -40 to +185 °F|
|Power supply||9-24 VDC|
|Current consumption||2.0 W|
|RS232/485 serial connector||RS-232 via D-sub 9 Male, RS-485 via screw terminal|
|Mechanical rating||IP20, NEMA rating 1|
|Mounting||DIN-rail (EN 50022 standard)|
|Serial baudrate||300-115,200 bps|
|Ethernet baudrate||10/100 Mbit/s|
|Certifications||CE, UL, cUL|
|AB7701||Anybus Serial Server - Ethernet Virtual COMport - RS-232/485 COMport|